Thursday, September 10, 2015

Unraveling




(A Collaboration with Kimber Gelineau)


See now the vision before you
Look deeply within these eyes
Of a love beyond restrictions

As I now lay here with a smile
Hidden is the pain, held in core
Silenced behind steel – concrete

A prisoner of your desires – lost
Refusing to give in – to fall prey
Plagued by the thoughts of love

Leading me not into temptation
Struggling against vain promises
Nevermore submissive – inclined

Useless it would be for one to beg
As the heart is doomed – captive
Vain attempts to remove shackles

Freedom now long gone – hostage
To a love, that binds me to only you
A true Master of the game – known

No longer willing to be a your pawn 
A mere puppet to dance to this tune
Gone are the days of non-existence

The beauty you see laying before you
Is but what skims the surface of me
Within is the strength to overcome

A lingering desire that lies inside
No longer a mere pawn to partake
In these games of chance – caprice

The power you possess – vanished
Nevermore chained to materialism
Now comes the destruction of you

As I slowly fade away, lost forever
By no means shall you find me now
Captured are you now, missing me

Recalling each sweet kiss bestowed
My passionate touch upon your flesh
The love I gave, so unconditionally

In this game played without thought
Now a victim that you have become
By own means of greed and betrayal

As the unraveling of your existence
Commences, cherished be my heart
The one that you fully pushed away

Copyright © 2012 Lucy Martins / Kimber Gelineau

All poetry by Lucy Martins / Kimber Gelineau are copyright protected by International Copyright Law, the use without written permission is illegal. All Rights Reserved ©


8 comments:

alex-ness said...

Sha-zam!

Lucy Martins said...

Thank you Alex~

Unknown said...

Very passionate with your inner feeling, Lucy.

Lucy Martins said...

Thank you Kushal, we both penned this with the same frame of mind~

pmpope said...

thank you for sharing yourself with us, sweet, sweet Lucy.

Lucy Martins said...

Thank you for the love Philip, greatly appreciated~

K said...

thank you beautiful lady for being my 1st collab partner~ it was a pleasure to do magic with our words ♥

Lucy Martins said...

I will always spin magic with you luv~ I really enjoyed penning this with you, as I envisioned a dif point of view and a challenge is always a pleasure to accept:) xoxox Kimber <3