Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Darkest Of Desires - Collaboration with Poet Chris Smith


                     Picture by David Chan Photography 07-0067-0034

A distant man with distant heart
Kept her, a fallen Angel, in a cage
Never would he let her be seen
But every night he visited her
Entranced by her naked beauty

Fallen from grace I now linger
Utterly spellbound by my captor
Veiled, remaining in the shadows
Untouchable – Quite vulnerable
Entangled, I shall never break free

Her thoughts within his head
He wants to take her, desire her
But afraid to surrender to lust
Always watching her, needing her
This dark Angel of hidden mystery

Clueless I am where this will lead
I can feel from afar a deep longing
Yet, I am mystified with every move
Hoping for a sign to appease my soul
To not have fallen from grace in vain

Oh, how I wish to know his thoughts
If it is not at all a dream within a dream
On the edge I now stand – so insecure
As I tread these waters ever so lightly
Frightened to awaken to a harsh reality

No longer can he resist the urge
Opening the cage and takes her
She does not resist, welcomes him
He penetrates deep into her soul
Both lost in the art of experimentation
She takes all he gives and wants more

Over and over again, they have their way
Never has she surrendered before like this
He cannot match to her satisfaction
As he fears her, the Angel of Death
Knowing she will never age, never die

He knows she longs to keep her
Wanted her forbidden lover,
these emotions are unexpected
He will always be her temptation,
now he leaves but forgets to lock the cage

Never in my darkest of desires did I dare,
surrender in total abandonment of my soul
I long for more, but my captor now eludes me
Should I escape, there shall be no going back
So here, I linger awaiting his return in my arms…


Copyright © 31/12/2012 Chris Smith/Lucy Martins


All poetry by Chris Smith/Lucy Martins are copyright protected by International Copyright Law, the use without written permission is illegal. All Rights Reserved ©


No comments: