Saturday, February 15, 2014

Listen...

                                     *Image provided by Google Images

Listen... -  A Collaboration w/ Poet Chris Smith


Do you hear me?
I'm calling for you
Enough of hiding away
Of being always afraid
To be who I really am

Darkness encompasses
Fallen within a vast abyss
I close my eyes – envision
Heard are voices calling
Piercing the silence anew

There comes a time
To embrace your calling
But do you fear me?
Will you dare be mine?
 Or will you run away

Hard exterior to mirror
Deem to perceive
See beyond – a reflection
A bleeding heart – torn
Yet, fearless as a feline

In the shadows do I dwell
A haven I succumb
As strength seeps into veins
Longing to yield once more
In the aftermath of turmoil

Darkness within my mind
Of a predator, hunting
Where others refuse to look
I am there, wanting, needing
As no one dares to follow

Dare to see beyond limitation
Here it is all set into motion
The profound silence engulfs
Yet, appeases the restless soul
Arising through the ashes anew

Come heal within the darkness
Allow yourself to surrender
Let this night take us away
To that place, forever ours
A time to be, what we will

Let the night heed our calling
As the winds, arise, howling
Hear us chant to the melody
Beneath the moon and stars
As two souls, merge into one


Copyright © 2014 Chris Smith/Lucy Martins


All poetry by Chris Smith/Lucy Martins are copyright protected by International Copyright Law, the use without written permission is illegal. All Rights Reserved ©

No comments: