Wednesday, March 19, 2014

~ St Joseph’s Day ~



Within a restless state of mind
Sleepless nights, now perturbs
Something amiss felt in bones
The twinge of such foreboding

Relentlessly troubling the core
Sadly, thoughts linger on you –
Today is your day, unlike no other
Engraved are endless memories

I kneel at your grave – for a clue
Images of you, portrays my soul
Reflection of these stifled tears
As you feel the pain in my heart

Longing to be in your embrace anew
Bringing me faith, strength to move on
Yet, another event has passed in absence
Grieving through all this time – secluded

On this day I come forth with a single rose
Upon your grave it now lays, with affection
Hear me calling out betwixt windblown kisses
I love you - I miss you in the very core of being-


Copyright © 2007/2014 Lucy Martins


* Image Provided by Google Images

No comments: