Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ode to the Dishonorable


                                       Google Images


Tell me my “friend”
What ails you?
Is it envy of my life?
Shall we switch roles?

I would gladly bestow
All heartache – sorrow
Carried throughout life
In the depths of the abyss

Speak not of the unknown
Instead, peer within mirror
Seeing your vile reflection
This shall not delude me

For I shall never be you
Nor can you ever be me
Able to hold my head high
With no doubt or shame

Death can call upon me
As in this heart – soul
No guilt weighs me down
Can “you” say the same?

Copyright © 11/2012 Lucy Martins


All poetry by Lucy Martins are copyright protected by International Copyright Law, the use without written permission is illegal. All Rights Reserved ©

Lies

3 comments:

Todd C said...

Expressive and Strong! Great writing as Always Lucy!

Poppy said...

Takes strength to be so! Your writing is beautifully powerful but tender and balanced xoxo

Lucy Martins said...

Thank you Todd & Poppy, greatly appreciate the love as always ~